Tuesday 4 September 2012

MTV VMA 2012. Most Share-Worthy video: Who should win?

 


Only two days left to go and we've covered best female, best male and pop, rock and hip hop. Today sees us take a look at a brand new category for the 2012 VMAs, most Share-Worthy Video. An award that reflects on the growing importance the internet plays in getting a music video exposure and the impact that it can make. Lets take a look at whats got everyone on the internet buzzing, shall we?
 
 
Most Share-Worthy Video, here are the nominations:
 

  • Beyonce - 'Countdown'

  • Justin bieber - 'Boyfriend'

  • Gotye Ft. Kimbra - 'Somebody that I used to know'

  • Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Call me maybe'

  • One Direction - 'What makes you beauiful'

Who will win: Justin bieber - 'Boyfriend'
 
I have a feeling that Justins ever growing army of beliebers will have enough voting power to push this one over the competition. I've already made my option on this clear, but I'll do it again; yawn!

 

 
Who should win: Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Call me maybe'

Carly Rae Jepsen arrived on the scene this year with one of the catchiest pop songs of the last decade, and it made a big splash all over the internet with everyone doing their own video version from Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez to Katy Perry. This year, no other video has gone as viral as this. And I still can't get the bloody thing out of my head!
 


Who should have been nominated: Sweet Brown - 'Ain't nobody got time for that'
 
Ok, so I know it's not technically a music video in the eyes of MTV but there's no doubt for me that this was the most share-worthy video of the year. But without question, Sweet Brown has spread like the wildfire she ran from. From iphone to iphone, posted on countless facebook pages, trending on twitter and even playing on the radio. If there was any justice in the world, Sweet Brown will surpise on the night, not only winning but performing to a standing ovation. A boy can dream.   

 

What do you think? Agree or disagree? Or have I forgotten someone who should have been nominated?
Plus, share, follow and comment and be sure to come back tomorrow for the big one, Video of the year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment