Monday 10 September 2012

Glee Songs That Will Schuester Should Sing and Songs That He Should Never Have Sung




Just under 72 hours remain until the first episode of Glee season 4 premieres in the US! The last few posts have taken a look at some of the new characters joining Glee in the upcoming series but today, the focus has returned to one of the original cast members and leader of the New Directions, Will Schuester. Not only will I be discussing what song I think he should sing and what song he should never have sung, I will also take a look back at his best performance on Glee, as Sue has already been discussed in a previous post.

Here's the promo poster - only 2 to go after this!

 

Will Schuester:
Should sing; Jealousy by Will Young

It's hard for me to pick songs for Matthew Morrison as I've never been his biggest fan but I think this recent hit from Will Young would be a great choice for him. It has a genuine pain in the lyrics but can still be danced to. I also think he would benefit from a song that is genuine as some of his performances in the past have been quite cheesy. And there's no rapping whatsoever! A plus for us all then.
 
 

 
Should never have sung; Thong Song by Sisqo

Bless Mr Schuester. There are so many songs that I wish he had never sung but this one has to top the list. While the Thong Song is brilliant in its own way, it is very much of the time it was released and any attempts to modernise it, particulary from a middle aged white man, would always fall flat, regardless of the talent involved. Just A Little Less Conversation was a close runner up. Just so you know.
 
 
 
 
Best Performance to Date; Alone by Heart
 
I know this post is supposed to be about Will but I'm just going to say up front that I'm a huge HUGE Kristen Chenoweth fan! I love the relationship between Will and Kristen's character April Rhodes, who is hilarious and ridiculously talented to boot! Will and April have had some great duets but this one in particular is a powerful take on a classic 80s song that could have sounded dated but actually works really well even today. What impresses me most though is how Matthew Morrison manages to not only keep up with the powerhouse voice of Kristen Chenoweth but even matches her at points. Good job Will!
 
 


Keep coming back for daily updates in the countdown to Glee season 4. If you're a Will fan then comment below and let me know what you think of my choices. 3 days to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment